Soft washing is the process of using eco-friendly chemicals and low-pressure water to clean the surfaces of buildings and driveways.
It’s effectiveness depends upon the contractor having the skilled knowledge of how to use the correct chemical at the correct concentration ratio, using the correct equipment – so professional training in its application is essential for best results.
Soft-washing is …
- The best solution for cleaning modern exterior renders, natural slate roofs and concrete slate roofs. You’ll notice fast, predictable results without damaging the surface. And those results can last for years.
- A cost-effective way to clean and restore brick drives and concrete paths to their former glory. It can take a few months to restore the surface but once restored, a light annual treatment will keep your drives and paths looking great.
Power-washing is …
- A way to get immediate results that look good – but only for a short time. Fortunately, applying BENZ Biocidal Wash after power washing will kill off the remaining spores, helping to give much longer lasting results. The possible harm that power washing can do to certain more delicate materials – Indian Sandstone for example – needs to be considered. So if you hire a power wash contractor it’s wise to ask them to use the lowest possible pressure, as well as having them post treat with BENZ Biocidal Wash.
Soft washing has many advantages over power washing:
- Longer lasting results
- Uses less water
- More cost-effective
- Is safe for all known building materials
- It does not damage the surface being cleaned or exaggerate the weathering affect
- Kills the spores left behind by power washing or bleaching
Soft washing also has a few limitations:
- The results are not instant, and require a short wait of a few days, weeks or, occasionally, a few months.
- Very heavy grime on concrete may mean that BENZ Biocidal Wash will not penetrate fully at first. Repeated applications, or a gentle power wash before application, will resolve this problem.
For long-term maintenance of any exterior surface – ensuring it looks great all year round – then annual or biannual treatment with BENZ Biocidal Wash is by far the best and most cost-effective option
Phone Ben for a FREE quotation
087 90 90 918